ISC - vzorové otázky
Sample questions are taken from previous tests. Valid answer is included, but be aware, that tests are evaluated by humans, and therefore usually every answer which answer the question correctly counts.
Although questions may seems difficult, if not impossible, to
answer, please note that that is just a selection questions..and they
are mostly on selected from top difficult questions in each category.
Also note, that this "sectioning" of questions is only one of
many possibles - the selection committee is allowed to change names
of section and they content.
- Why does NASA use gravity assist during it's interplanetary missions?
Because then an interplanetary probe requires less fuel, what results in cost savings.
- Why can't jet engine operate in space?
Because there isn't available any oxygen.
- Why can rocket engine operate both in atmosphere and in vacuum?
Because it carry oxidizer, as well as fuel/because of the principle of action and reaction.
- What is the only difference in the way each crater was made?
impact or volcanism.
- For what purpose is charged coupled device (CCD) used?
Transforming picture to digital image.
- Why can't the Space Shuttle land on the Moon?
Space Shuttle is designed to land by gliding through the atmosphere.
- Could astronauts fly a paper airplane inside the Space Shuttle?
Yes, they could.
History of Space Exploration
- Which president approved the Space Shuttle program?
- Which astronaut was the last to leave the Moon's surface?
John Eugen Cernan.
- After which famous Czechoslovak astronomer and statesman (1880-1919) is the Petrin observatory named?
Miroslav Rastislaf Stefanik
- What is the mass of planet Earth?
The members of G7 are:
- a) about 2*10^30 kg
- b) about 6.6*10^34 kg
- c) about 6*10^24 kg
- d) about 5.1*10^27 kg
Which Czech king was murdered in Olomouc?
- a) France, Germany, Japan, USA, UK, Italy, Canada
- b) France, Canada, UK, USA, Germany, Spain, Japan
- c) Russia, UK, USA, Japan, Canada, Italy, France
- a) Vaclav II.
- b) Vaclav III.
- c) Vaclav IV.
The Wrighs brothers knew that the secret of flight lay in the
fact that air exerts pressure. They used this to their advantage and
were successful in their endeavor to fly. The idea that air exerts
pressure was first recognized by the Swiss scientist Daniel Bernoulli
(1700-1782). When a stream of air is separated by a curved surface,
or airfoil, it is forced to go a different distance on each side of
the airfoil. Where air travels farther, it moves faster, creating a
low pressure area. On the other side of the airfoil (the bottom),
there is a higher pressure area where air moves more slowly. The
difference in pressures causes movement, or lift, towards the low
pressure side (the top) of the airfoil. Today, airplanes are designed
with many airfoils, including the wings, the fuselage, engine
housings, tail assembly, and propellers. By successfully applying
Bernoulli's principle, the Wright brothers set the foundation for the
steady developments that followed.
- The Wright brothers were successful in their activity because they knew that:
a) - see the third sentence
When air travels shorter distance, it moves:
- a) Daniel Bernoulli realized character of air including its pressure
- b) pressure can be developed in airplane to operate itself
- c) Daniel Bernoulli died in 1782, being 82 years old
- d) airfoils and airflows exist in the atmosphere
- e) there is possibility to utilize pressure developed in air by the airplane to operate itself
Different pressures are caused by:
- a) slower, creating area of higher pressure at the top
- b) faster, creating area of higher pressure at the bottom
- c) slower, creating area of lower pressure at the bottom
- d) faster, creating area of lower pressure at the top
- e) slower, creating area of lower pressure at the top
e) - in text is stated, that "Where air travels
farther, it moves faster, creating a low pressure area. On the other
side of the airfoil (the bottom),..". "it moves faster" give you key,
that air which travels shorter distance should move slower. "creating
a low pressure are" refers to top (that comes from sense of the
d) - see "When a stream of air is separated.."
- a) density of the atmosphere
- b) Wright brothers' activity
- c) different moving of air
- d) separation of stream of air
- e) curved surface, or airfoil